Thursday, January 7, 2010

January 7, 2010

It’s been about 8 months, and I just wanted to update on what’s been happening with my heart. Last month I was really stressed out with my job. They booked me for a lot of nights, and I started feeling really fidgety and uneasy. I kept getting palpitations – it felt like my heart was beating out of my chest!
So they sent me for another echo, but nothing’s changed. Everything else checked out normal as well. (Sanfilippo et al, 19). They said my stenosis is significant enough that they can check it again every year or so, but it’s mild enough that I shouldn’t worry about it unless something changes (Sanfilippo et al, 19).
The hardest thing for me is that it’s invisible. It doesn’t change anything about my life, but it also  changes everything at the same time. No one would know it to look at me, but I might have less time here than I thought.  Better make it count.